Non-Resident Landlords

If you are renting a property in the UK but have not lived in the UK yourself for the last 6 months then you are classed as a non-resident landlord. It is also so if UK property is owned and rented by a foreign company.

You will still need to pay income tax on your rental income and there are different ways in which this can work. You can fill out a form with HMRC and have the rent paid to you in full. You then fill out a self-assessment tax return each year to show how much tax you need to pay.


MP Bookkeeping and Accounting

We offer a wide variety of accounting and bookkeeping services from preparation of financial statements for companies incorporated in different jurisdictions to self-assessment, corporate and VAT returns and payroll services.

Contact us